Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Hopscotch Sundays...

So I promised to list some of my items for sale in my Etsy store, but that hasn't eventuated. Last Friday I got a call asking if I could do the Hopscotch Sundays market at Broadmeadow PCYC, so I saved it all up for that. 
I was super excited, but also super stressed  because it was on Sunday, so I only had a day and a half to prepare! Fortunately my handsome Husband didn't end up having to work on Saturday, so he looked after the little man while I ran around like a chook with my head chopped off. 
Newcastle has a lot of great stores, but they are all spread out. What we need is a great big superstore, with sewing supplies, art supplies, hardware, paper supplies, office stuff and snack (most important) all in the one place. And an IKEA... but I digress. 
Eventually I had everything I needed, and I headed home to finish up some of my bits and bobs so they were all ready for sale. I ended up with bibs, upcycled glass jars (a great success, so there are more coming), Xmas decorations, brooches, pirate badges, hand-painted tea cups, fabric belts, appliquéd tea towels (also popular), a few little art works and one of my plush dolls for show. Here are a few (poor quality) pictures of my set up. I am yet to get any signage, but that will come later.




It's a fantastic market with so many talented stall holders, but unfortunately it ran at the same time as two other large markets on a stinking hot day, so we didn't get much of a crowd. Despite that I still managed to sell almost all the jars, some cups, some belts and a number of brooches, so I was pretty pleased.
What a long day, but also fun. Hopefully I can get a place at some of the monthly markets in Newcastle so I can make this a more regular event. 

No comments:

Post a Comment