Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Products of a one lady sweat shop...

The past month has been a very busy one. I've been working on a number of crafty projects, some of which will be listed for sale in my Etsy shop soon. 

I think I was channeling feelings of romanticism and feminism when I made this spotty fabric belt. Tied in the back with a lovely big bow, and accented with a cute little vintage pearlescent button at the front, it dresses up any plain dress or long shirt, without being too over the top. I've made another one out of the left over fabric from my wedding dress for a more formal look, and I'm working on some brighter colours with fabric flower accents for a sunny Summer feel. More pictures coming soon. 


Since my little man has begun eating solids, I've a new found appreciation of a good bib. I found that there were practical bibs that weren't so nice to look at, and pretty bibs that weren't so practical, and everywhere I go, the only options are pretty pink things for girls, and blue things for boys. Frankly, that's pretty much the case with any baby accessory, and I am a bit sick of it. There are so many other lovely colours and patterns that are great for both boys and girls, so I've decided to make my own. Here are a few I've whipped up. They are big enough to catch most spills and splashes, with stylish contemporary and vintage fabrics on the front, and an absorbent terry cloth backing for extra messy and dribbly babies like mine. They now have snap button clasps which weren't affixed when I photographed them. 


I've also been thinking up new ways to get crafty on a tight budget, and have had a go at recycling and repurposing things I find around the house and in op shops (thrift stores). Below is a little experiment with some glass jars, little plastic figurines I found stashed in my craft cupboard, a hot glue gun and some spray paint. Now I can keep my little odds and ends organised!


No comments:

Post a Comment