Pages

Thursday, June 20, 2013

A little something..

I've finished the rose I was working on. Finally. Just in time for my brother's 21st birthday too.

Here are a few progress shots. I had completed the rose in black and white oil pastels and was originally planning to paint the background with acrylics. I really enjoyed working with the oil pastels though, and I had forgotten the intensity of colour that could be achieved with them, so I continued with them for the ground.






I am really happy with the end result, as is my brother. I kind of like that the rose is floating about over some random abstract assortment of colours and shapes, and that the rose (a flower normally quite vibrant) is devoid of all colour, as it is concentrated in the background instead. I gave it a clear coat of gloss enamel before handing it over, as the pastels easily rub off and smudge with contact. Hopefully this will allow it to last the test of time.

Happy Birthday little brother. X

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment